"What makes Jesus Happy?" (Must have come from nursery).
Me: Well, What do YOU think we can do to make Jesus Happy?
Carter: Hmmm..well...(his face lights up with an idea)...We could make Him cookies or Bread or Himph!! (he's into making up words now)
Me: Yum, those sound so good! Hey, what did the elephant learn about sharing?
Carter: We should GIVE to Others!
Me: Right
So later in the day we made muffins...I thought this plan was going oh so well.
Carter: Hmmm..well...(his face lights up with an idea)...We could make Him cookies or Bread or Himph!! (he's into making up words now)
Me: Yum, those sound so good! Hey, what did the elephant learn about sharing?
Carter: We should GIVE to Others!
Me: Right
So later in the day we made muffins...I thought this plan was going oh so well.
On our way to bring a muffin to our friend Katie down the street, he decided this was no longer a great idea. He kept saying, "No, that would not be nice [to give her a muffin]. It will make her sad." I tried my hardest to teach him in all kinds of ways that YES, giving to others--a muffin to Katie--would make her soo happy, and that would make Jesus happy...not working...Next tactic: "Well, maybe if we give Katie a muffin, then you could eat yours WITH her and see who could eat it fastest; wouldn't that be fun?" Nope, he kept saying, that was not a great idea, and it would not be nice.
So I turned the tables to him..."Well, what would be a nice thing to do, then?"
Carter: "Say, Thanks for having us over; we'll see you next time!"
Right, yes, that would be a nice thing to say...the discussion ended there.



4 comments:
oh, that is funny! I love 2-year old logic!
So that muffin was from you? Good to know...weird things have been happening here and so I was paranoid about a mysterious muffin...but it looked so good that I kept it hoping I would find out who gave it to me! I think I'll go eat it now.
Busted! Just kidding! I don't mind if you snoop, I'll admit I've snooped on your's a few times too! :-) But I am glad you left a comment! Thanks for sharing in the excitement!
Great muffin story - I'm thinking they must have been good muffins and he didn't want to give any up!
Blueberry muffins sound SO GOOD right now. If I had some, I might side with Carter and eat them all myself.
Post a Comment