OK....4:00 AM....was that an earthquake? Did you feel it? Steve and I both did...and we heard NO trucks/plows going by that would have caused even our dresser handles to rattle for 10 seconds.
7:35--HOORAY! I'm NOT crazy! It WAS an earthquake! Did you feel it?
That's 2 earthquakes in 2 years in a seemingly non-fault zone...hmm.
9 months ago



7 comments:
Holy cow!!! Glad it wasn't serious.
You felt it? I'm actually jealous; I've never felt an earthquark before.
Yes, I DID feel it--and this is my 4th time ;) 2 in CA, 2 here.
Kerri! I'm so glad you found our blog. Are you still in Chicago? I miss Chicago!! Your kids are beautiful.
How scary! Never been in an earthquake, but I am constantly going over the strategies in my head for when one does happen. It totally freaks me out!
I could've SWORN there was a fault line somewhere close to Illinois, along the Illinois-Missouri border...am I crazy? Somehow I remember that coming up during the 2008 earthquake. Then again, I was spending most of my tough with a bunch of professors and grad students who think they know everything....and can invent fact off the top of their heads.... ;)
True, there is a fualt line, but it's been inactive for so long (since 1963), and floods/tornados are more the natural disasters one would expect living in the midwest, not an earthquake.
Post a Comment