Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mommy Magic

It was magic. It was inspired. It was necessary.
Addison was begging to go out and play in the snow. He couldn't understand WHY I was saying no, though my reasons were many: (I'm making lunch, it takes soo long to put on all the snow gear, it's too cold and windy, you have a terrible cold and I'm not that crazy, Alana's crying and I just need to focus on keeping the sanity here, so, no, you can't go outside). Just before I lost all my patience over this, a flash of an idea came to me. He can't go outside to the snow, but that doesn't mean he can't play in it. And that's how the indoor snow day was born.
And it ended up helping me because "wash the kitchen floor" was on my to-do list, and now I didn't have to waste any tap-water to do so...I felt one with the earth using snow water to clean.

This was such a good idea, I wish I could patent it...but then again, it wasn't my idea to begin with. It was a stroke of the magical inspiration that comes to the most desparate moms.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That truly was a great idea! Well done, Mom!

Brandi said...

Great idea! I'm usin' it.

The Burgoynes said...

Cool... I wonder how I can make that work in Hawaii?