Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When I grow up...






Some wish they were Oscar Meyer Weiners.  Still others want to be Toys R Us kids.  Carter and his two friends Craig (3) and Christopher (2) all decided what they want to be when they grow up, without any guidance from adults...
Craig: A mail Carrier
Christopher:  a Fire Fighter
Carter: A Race Car driver

cool that they came up with that on their own--spurred after Christopher called Craig a farmer--apparently the ultimate put down in their family...someday they'll learn that their own dad was a potato farmer!

Me, what do I want to be?  Apparently I should be an accountant (boring) since I thrive on organizing data.  Hence, why I enjoyed creating a spreadsheet using my grocery receipts to determine which grocery store I go to is really the most economical to shop at.

The result:  Aldi is surprisingly cheaper than Walmart in everything, which is substantially cheaper than Meijer, which calls Dominicks and Jewell highway robbery. So there you have it.  I should have been an accountant.

4 comments:

W.W. said...

What I wouldn't give for an Aldi's, or even a good Meijer sale right now. There are no, and I mean NO cheap-o grocery stores in Phoenix metro. I've searched. I have resorted to ad matching at Walmart and mild couponing. I'm actually quite a fan of ad-matching now. So easy and fun too! But Aldi... Try the 2$ frozen pizzas or Adam's faves--the box of chocolate/nut covered ice cream cones, also 2$. That was our favorite Saturday night dinner. Four bucks. You can't beat it.

Kerri said...

There is something Arizona has that I wish we had here. I can't remember what the site is--Cheri, help me out--but it's a site that tells you what coupons to use where and when according to the weekly sales to maximize your money, including how to get things for free, even getting money BACK! That, and doubling coupons, is WAY better than Aldi!

Kerri said...

And for all the Aldi shoppers--we really like the sundried tomato crusted Talapia! Give it a try! So moist!

Braden and Cheri said...

it's called CouponSense.