Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer of Family

When company comes to visit, it gives me permission to pull out ALL THE STOPS to have the best time of our lives.  So when Cheri and her family came right when school was out, this trip was NO EXCEPTION!
Taryn & Addison, Alana & Avery, Keara & ...wait!  Where's Carter?  He was behind me telling them to jump right when I was going to take the picture!

One morning while they were here, I woke up with the crazy idea I wanted to try.  I explained it to Braden who said, "Do you think it will work", to which the only response I could think of was "There's only one way to find out."

So Braden and I worked together to invent this giant water squishy bag!!!

 It's just two clear shower curtains duct taped together, filled with water from the hose.

Simple concept that was SO much fun!

The cool water beneath their feet was SO refreshing in the heat and it was a unique change from our typical water play.

I am so so so grateful that these cousins have each other.  I think I am more grateful for me that Cheri and I are going through parenting side by side by side through it all.  These children love each other, stick by each other, and put all their differences aside when they get together to just have a good time!
Carter

Keara
Taryn
Addison
Alana
Avery
Mazie
 
Besides taking them to our favorite park, and getting our 6-year olds to go down a big water slide at a community pool, and having marshmallow roasts,
Blackened Marshmallow, yes, but proud just the same
 and we took them on a hike at the nature center,
 and after walking for a little while
we came to this fascinating cave to explore
and for the first time ever, Courageous Carter explored a tunnel at the back of the cave to discover that it had an opening on another side!

Of course, that meant a photo opp for each kid all over again:


We also went to a bounce house which has such a sweet story attached to it.  Carter won tickets to this place as the 2nd place prize in a school fundraiser.  Ecstatic, we went that very day after school!  After that, he wanted to save the rest of his tickets for a whole month so he could share them with his cousins.  It was hard for him to do -- he kept asking twice a week or more if we could go, but then remembered what he wanted more.  And they had a blast, completely worth the wait!  I was grateful to watch Carter's patience and generosity!

Now if only I had taken other pictures besides me stuck on the turtle.  (I was laughing too hard to get out!!)

As you can tell, it was a GREAT few days.  When, oh when will you come back!
Have I convinced anyone else to come visit us?  Please do!

No comments: