Others have wicked step-sisters.
Fortunately for Cheri, she has me. And I have her. But this post is about me. I'm the author. Me. And I'm a good sister (she told me to say that).
What else would elicit such titles other than offering to swoop in and give two of her girls the vacation of a life time so she could stay home and pack for --yet, another-- move.
And this began one of the best weeks of the whole entire summer.
So what did $19.95 deposit get her? (no $ actually exchanged)
Two 3+ hour road trips
Two childrens museums
A day at the zoo
Creative Bedtime routines
Creative Bedtime routines
A get-in-the-splash-park-in-your-clothes card with a don't-tell-your-mom clause attached, just for humor's sake
A bday party for Grandpa
A Marshmallow Roast in the backyard
Backyard Forts
Lots of Make Believe:
She plays his game in Tool Time
and he played right along in her Princess & Royal Knight Wedding
But most importantly, the smiles and friendships that last forever.
Something magical happened with all these kids. For the whole time they were together, they LOVED each other, with no bickering or arguing, or other behaviors typical of, say, my kids by themselves. It was enough for Steve and I to look at each other and ask, "Why are 5 kids so much easier than 3"?
Anyway, we sure loved the GREAT cousins time we had a few weeks ago! Does anyone else feel that kids just have an insta-bond with their relatives?












4 comments:
May I officially say that there is nothing like having Kerri as a sister?! There is no one who has given me a greater gift than she did when she took my girls for that week. They had the time of their lives and were invigorated with enthusiasm just by being with the Maduras. We missed them while they were gone, but were SO grateful they were with some of our favorite people! Thank you Kerri!!
I have found the same thing with my kids and their cousins. They don't get to see each other very often but when they do they get along perfectly.
Cheri, your girls are the Ying to our boys Yang! So it was really a gift for us to have them.
We would have them back anytime!
Steve
That really was great of you. And there really is something about cousins. Add to that the fact that they're the same ages, and you there to provide fun things to do, and it doesn't surprise me that they had such a good time! I've always felt lucky to have twins because we have that same-age-best-friend thing going on.
Post a Comment