As we touch the temple and love the temple, our lives will reflect our faith. As we go to the holy house, as we remember the covenants we make therein, we will be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation. The temple provides purpose for our lives. It brings peace to our souls—not the peace provided by men but the peace promised by the Son of God when He said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” ~Thomas S. Monson, Blessings of the Temple
The temple is an important part of my life and for my family. So to help our kids feel of its importance and to get acquainted with the temple, we scheduled time to spend on the temple grounds during our trips. Each time we found it to be very special, and hope that our kids can feel our love for the temple, the peace that it brings to us, and that they can feel that it is a very special place.
As a loving parent guided a boy or girl to the large door of the Salt Lake Temple and the little one reached out and up to touch the temple, I could almost see the Master welcoming the little children to His side and could almost hear His comforting words: “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. ~Thomas S. Monson
"As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us." ~Thomas S. MonsonThese have been wonderful times, and I've loved living close to temples here in Illinois, too. Like the Nauvoo temple this past Saturday:
and a picnic at the Chicago temple this afternoon:
If you do the math, that's 8 temples in 15 days. We do Love to see the temple.



No comments:
Post a Comment