Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Friday, August 19, 2011

Carter's Gender Generator

So my friend is in the hospital about to have her baby!!
She doesn't know the gender of the baby, so I turned to Carter.
"Hey, Carter, do you think Ashley's going to have a boy or a girl?"
"It's going to be a boy."
He was so matter-of-fact about it, I had to ask, "How do you know?"
"Well, you know, Mom, because it goes boy girl boy girl", seeing as yes, they have an oldest boy first, followed by a princess girl.
Not to burst his reasoning bubble or anything, but I had to add"But that's not what happened in our family."
Recognizing the gap in reasoning, he quickly flipped to the next logical solution. "Oh, right, then I'll need to go check weather.com right now," and off he fled.

Does he know something we --or the Chinese calendar-- don't?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! That is so funny! What an imagination.