It's common sense to know that if your kids are quiet for too long, they're up to something.
It's a mother's instinct to know to grab her camera.
~Yours Truly
With that in mind, this was my morning last week, while Carter and I were busy with a craft:
1) I called up to Addison (who was quiet for too long) and he said he was just combing his hair. Ahhh...Sweet! And see how well he styled it! What you don't see very well in this picture was that he was also putting on my makeup powder...all over his face, and all over the bathroom counters and sink. hmmmm...bless his heart?

Not Alana--just a stock photo
As if my kids have even that much hair!
3) In the bathtub they both go! When it's time to get out, Addison went to his room to get dressed while I got Alana taken care of. This is not a tough task for him...he does it all the time...of course, sometimes he gets distracted by reading books, playing cars, etc., but I know he'll eventually come out fully clothed. So, again...see the intro above...after several coaxing reminders "What kind of underwear did you choose?" "What color shorts are you putting on?" I finally went in to discover a remix of THIS, but it's now entitled "How to Get Aquaphor off my child's ENTIRE BODY!"See the shine? That's not water!
Goodness gracious! You should know three things:- Ever since Episode 1with the aquaphor all over his head, I DID put aquaphor securely out of reach. How he got it down unfolds as he was helping Alana with her diaper. Not finding a diaper in her room, Addison climbed up to the top of his dresser to get one of his diapers, where he now discovered the hidden aquaphor, and apparently couldn't resist the urge once he got out of the tub....bless his silky smooth yet-quite-sticky-and-slimy heart.
- Ever since Episode 1, we keep our Dawn Dish Soap near the tub, not the kitchen sink.
- Addison gratefully and wisely avoided getting aquaphor in his hair this time...Lesson learned, I guess, but had trouble translating to the rest of his body...next time I'll be more clear.
And that, my dear, is why I didn't make it to story time.





1 comment:
oh my. That is too funny! What a mischevious little thing behind that beautiful smile!
Post a Comment