And thank goodness it was, otherwise we'd be stuck with Mr. Greasehead for the rest of his life and an unwilling mother to buzz it all off.
It all happened when I agreed to let him have "quiet time" instead of a real nap. Nuff said?
Well, when it didn't come out after washing his hair 4 times in the tub -- this vaseline-like ointment is VERY waterproof--I turned to the wise ol' Google, and came up with SEVERAL concoctions that included peanut butter, baby oil, cornstarch, and yes -- scissors, and finally fell upon one I was willing to try:
First, douse the head in Baking Powder until he looks like he's wearing an 1800s Colonial Wig.
He may not like you rubbing it in:
Next, wash with --what? --yes, dish soap. Thank goodness for the "gentle on hands" clause.
Then be grateful that MOST of it comes out. I rewashed his hair with shampoo right after (5th shampoo), and again the next morning after another round of Dawn (6th shampoo), and we are starting to look back to normal...



3 comments:
WOW! I am so glad that I haven't had that problem....yet. Glad that it is comming out.
Gosh he's cute...Even with all that gunk in his hair! ;}
that is so funny. so absolutely funny...because I know I'm going to need that trick!
Post a Comment