Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Puerto Rico....That Lovely Island...Island of Tropical Breezes...

That song from West Side Story has been running through my mind since we booked this trip a month ago.

Thanks to Steve’s amazing recent gig selling condo developments in Puerto Rico, we just enjoyed the most incredible vacation of our lives!  (I think I say that after every getaway we have!)

We left on Thursday morning.  Note to self:  Get the exit row EVERY TIME.  There was so much leg room, my 5’3” legs couldn’t even reach the seat in front of me-ok, 5’2 ½”!
 As soon as we picked up our rental car in San Juan, and dropped off our stuff at Steve’s condo, we hit the ground running, and didn’t stop until we boarded again on Monday.  We had the most AMAZING food at this Mexican Restaurant –feliz cinco de mayo...
And speaking of things we ate, yes, Steve and I both tried Kangaroo at a very fancy beach resort.  I’m still a little heartbroken about that...even though it was only a little bite.
Thursday we loved Old San Juan – the castles, walls, and forts that the Spanish built in 1500 when they discovered the island and claimed it as their own.  Even the city itself was the most beautiful right-out-of-a-movie- setting I have ever been to.  Everything was so quaint, clean, safe, colorful, EVERYTHING smells like flowers, and at sunset when we sat to rest in a park, a young town troubadour began strumming his guitar to traditional Spanish tunes.  There you have it, our movie-set was now complete with our own soundtrack.
So of the 95 pics from Old San Juan, here are a few. 
 The Fort (El Morro) and Castle
Thanks to my Mom and Dad for watching our kids while we were gone!  Me—gone on Mother’s Day?—I’m not sure that was so fair.  The kids LOVE going to Grandma’s and who wouldn’t, with a house dedicated to fun!  A Basement with swings and a jukebox,—let it be noted that when I grew up, we had a slide down the stairs—an Upstairs family room full of all our childhood toys, books, and dress ups.  And grandparents who see this as a 5-day slumber party with their grandkids, more than a childcare gig!  The kids have come home GLOWING with joy and have felt soo loved from their grandparents!  WE ARE SO LUCKY!
Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Looks like the best vacation EVER! Seriously so glad y'all got to take it, especially since Steve has been working the hours lately.

Oh and I know I'm about 20 posts too late, but loved the pics of Carter's bday. Colt had the best time of his life.

The Burgoynes said...

I am so glad to have seen these photos! I wanna go next!