Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One's loss is another's gain.

Steve and I have goals.  Together goals and individual goals.  Sometimes this can cause a conflict of interest.

Take these two goals, for example.
Kerri:  Find time to go to the gym more.
Steve:  Help prepare meals more.

Our schedules have been packed lately, with Steve gone at breakfast and home after bedtime, so you can see how achieving these goals wasn't really fitting in to our daily life.  Until today. 

Last night I committed to go to the gym at 6 AM.  Steve was asleep, so I couldn't confirm with him.  Last night before Steve went to bed, he committed to make breakfast for the family; it was going to be a surprise.

When I returned home from my workout this morning, feeling good about my accomplishments, I was greeted by a spread of chocolate chip pancakes and cheesy scrambled eggs.
YUM.  There goes that work out.

Never to be thwarted, though, I ended up going to the gym again this afternoon, and had an even better work out.  We got home at dinner time, and Steve came home only minutes after with dinner in hand.  A Hawaiian Pizza.
YUM.  There goes that work out.

Is it bad that after working out and burning all those calories, pizza sounded REALLY good to me?  He hit it right on.  Truly, he was too good to me.

6 comments:

kjha said...

There must be balance in all things! Hey, last night I found that the gal who I work with in RS was your roommate...Melissa Jones...

Braden and Cheri said...

That's awesome! I love that both of you set a goal to do on the same day that totally worked for the day!

Molly said...

Or you can think of it this way: You worked out so that you could eat chocolate chip pancakes and pizza without it having any effect on you. :)

Katie said...

I can'r believe you worked out twice in one day! Good for you! And the food was totally worth eating, in my opinion.

Sarah said...

Isn't that the whole point of working out... so you could eat whatever you want to and not feel guilty? That is awesome that you went to the gym twice in one day... you deserved those chocolate chip pancakes and that pizza:)

Holley Williamson said...

I work out so that I have no guilt eating chocolate every night! What a sweet husband!