Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Friday, May 21, 2010

Like Daughter, Like Son

I went in to check on my kids tonight before going to bed.  Alana was first, and I was struck with how she reminded me of Carter as she was sleeping.  Something about her body position, how her covers are way off of her, she's on her back like Carter (while Addison is a tummy sleeper), maybe her face, and the way her head was tilted all the way back, I don't know what exactly, but it just really brought a resemblance to my heart, and I thought, "Wow, it's another Carter!" 


And then I went into Carter's Room and saw that he was sleeping in almost the exact position as Alana!  "Wow, that's amazing!"  So I left to get my camera (out of the car...in the rain...ok, so I'm a blog addict), and by the time I came back, he had changed positions slightly. 

But NOW his position made me think of HIM as a 2 month old.

Even if the resemblence is all in my head {and heart} and you are reading this thinking WHAT? it's still fun for me to see the similarities in these kids!  People say our kids are all of the same mold.  Even today, Carter brought pictures of himself from preschool, and Addison, while looking at them, kept saying "Addison!  Addison!" insisting they were him.  And at preschool Carter's classmates mistake Addison for Carter OFTEN, despite his smaller size and younger age!  Hey, at least we're a good lookin' family!  We'd hate to pass on the ugly gene at this rate ;)

3 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

I love taking pictures of my sleeping children! that's quite a position for a 2 month old!

Emily - faliLV said...

I love this entry! And I especially love sleeping baby pictures. They are too cute - and such a sweet little Carter! Awwww!

Braden and Cheri said...

Keara and I were just looking at this post together and here's the conversation:

M: There's Alana. (scroll down) And Carter.
K: Carter, when he was a bee...