Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Bash

Happy Birthday, Carter!

He's 3 years old, and the coolest, smartest, playful, energetic, in-love-with-life kid I know!

Our Backyard Birthday Bash was going to start at 10. But at 9:50, Steve and I were moving the whole party and activities from the backyard into the house (time to improvise with 10 toddlers!) because I didn't trust the over head clouds. By 10:10, when most kids had arrived, the first claps of thunder and downpouring rain began. GOOD MOVE, STEVE & KERRI!

We still managed to transform most of our outdoor activities to work inside. We started with stations for the kids to play:

a Colored Rice table was a hit!

And the kids made shakers for our Birthday March around the house!

They also LOVED playing in the huge fort in our living room (pictures?? I failed!) and bowling in our new bowling alley (hallway!)

Next we brought out our Parachute for ALL KINDS OF GAMES!!!

And after Red Light, Green Light, and the birthday march, at last it was time to bring out the cake. How do you win your 3 year old's heart? Ask him what kind of cake he wants, and then do your very best to create it for him, failing to mention that this is NOT one of your talents what so ever! But, Lo and Behold:

The Fire Engine Cake!

As you can see, the cake was a huge success with the kids:




All in all, another successful party at the Madura Home! Happy Birthday, big guy!

9 comments:

W.W. said...

Watch out Steve! I think "Ace of Cakes" will be calling soon to recruit your wife. Very nice...

JaNae said...

Kerri! I am super impressed! Your cake looks AMAZING! Way to go! Just look at all your hidden talent! And what a fun party. Looks like you guys had a good time!

Braden and Cheri said...

WOW!!!! I'm so glad everything turned out SO well!! I'm definitely referencing this party for all mine to come! You're amazing!

Katie said...

Happy, happy birthday to one of our favorite friends! Carter, you are wonderful and we LOVE playing with you!

FANTASTIC job on the cake Kerri!

the Rowleys said...

Wow that party sounds awesome! You have such good ideas.

Holley Williamson said...

Looks like a fun party! With those April birthdays you never know....april showers bring may flowers....Brooklyn's first birthday party we planned at the park and it was the only day in April that it poured! Halfway through the party we packed up and finished up at our house. Needless to say I've planned all her other parties in doors (not that it's rained on any other party days) :)

Grandma Mosolino said...

Did you cover Carters fire engine with frosting??? Wow it looked Sooooo...GOOD. You guys do have the best partys in the world. I'm so sad we couldnt be there. It really looked like everyone had a great time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Molly said...

Holy cow! What a party! What an awesome cake!!

The Burgoynes said...

We completely flopped on calling Carter for his birthday. Sorry! Great party ideas. I love it.