I surprised Steve last night and took him out to dinner. The logistics to accomplish such a task was kinda fun. I texted a babysitter (wow...so convenient), pretty sure she'd check her phone at lunch. success. I coaxed him to come home on an earlier train. I left the house in time to try to meet him at his car at the train station and kidnap him there.
And that's where the plans failed. I got EVERY red light, and funeral procession, and duck crossing imaginable. So it got to the point that I was searching the oncoming traffic for his car as I drove...when I saw him --flying at 50 mph-- I laid on my horn...to no avail. So I did a legal u-turn, got every red light again, and knew he was going to beat me home to find the kids with the babysitter. Sometimes the best laid plans....
...well, due to our mad indy-500 driving skills, I caught up with him a few blocks from our house! I flagged him down and motioned for him to follow me. At which point I passed our street, pulled over to the side of the road, and hopped into his car.
"Let's Go! You're taking me out on a date!" He thought the kids were in the car with me (of course) so I got to make up all kinds of excuses there, which was fun, of course! But then I straightened it out and off we went to one of our favorite restaurants: Biaggi's.
It was just really really fun to be spur of the moment like that. And to be on a date in the middle of the week. And to be home by 8.
9 months ago
.jpg)



2 comments:
After 8 years, 12 moves, 3 kids, lots of laughs and a few tears...I love that we can still feel like we are dating again!
Steve
That's awesome Kerri! Can I just say how much I wish I could be you? You are such an amazing and fun wife, mother and friend.
Post a Comment