Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Curious...

Why don't  
Daughter
and 
Laughter
rhyme?

Anyone?

Of course, it's just one of those things we memorize as time goes on, like the difference between through, dough, and tough.  But when a kid is learning to read, or someone's learning english as a second language, I mean, come on.  Can we make things any harder?

If only I could use that as an excuse for my blunder the other day.  I was looking at vinyl signs...you know, the deocrative ones that hang on walls and look so pretty you don't even have to read them.  Well, this one was a definition of 'daugther'.  And how 'daughter' is filled with love and warmth and trust...

though my mind was saying 'Dafter'...what's 'dafter'? 

oooohhhh.

1 comment:

Molly said...

HA! Dafter. That is hilarious. I could see myself doing something like that.