Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Decribination: (noun) the process of removing ones crib

Today's the day 
I took the crib down. 

Tomorrow's the day 
I'll regret it.
After over almost 6 years it's been set up in that room.  It was Steve's sisters' crib, and Carter's, Addison's, and Alana's.  It's been through jungle themes to butterflies.  It's been p**ped on and spit up in.  It was a bed for sleeping angels as well as a cage for wild animals.  But for the last few weeks it was best used as a trampoline.  
Survey says: time to take it down.

With the excitement of Alana's big girl bed, {a queen bed for a 2 year old, really?} and now the empty space where the crib had been, I feel like I finally have a little girl's room!  She is so happy with the new set up, her books, her chair, her dolls and play things.

But taking the crib down, I also felt a little nervous, like it was a big deal.  I took the crib down.  I took the crib down.  For the first time in my life, I took a crib down.  Like it's a statement.  And it is.  For the first time EVER I haven't NEEDED to get a kid out of the crib so a new baby could have a turn.  True, I had a thought to just leave it up in the meantime, but then I realized how good it would feel to have that empty clean space for 9 months or 2 years or whenever our next baby would come.

So in the mean time, we have a garage with a crib, a little girl's bedroom, and extra vacuum lines to show for it. 

"And the tree was happy."

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, that really is a big moment! A little bittersweet? I want to see pictures of the big girl room now--or better yet, I should just come see it!