Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our Little People's Preschool

4 Little Learners
Addison, Oliver, Benny, Shayla
 and the Moms Who Love Them
Ashley, Me, Stacy, Marianne
This year, finally, I've gathered my courage and am participating in a coop preschool!  Addison was even accepted into a great preschool program a few weeks ago, but I chose to pull him out so that we could experience this time together.  Courage is the only word I can think of to describe that decision.  Courage to follow my heart.  And faith. 


And today was his first day of preschool!
"I'm just SO Excited!"
Waiting for our Ride
Yes, our ride, since leave it to me to lose my keys on such an important day!
We'll each teach once a month, with themes, letters of the days, numbers of the day, interactive reading, large motor activities and music, crafts and projects.

When the kids arrive, they sit at the table for quiet table activities until everyone's there.
Puzzles Today!
Then they move to circle time, with carpet squares to sit on, and this AWESOME TriFold Display we all worked on .  It has our calendar, weather, letters and numbers of the day, and the job chart!
Way to Show your Enthusiasm, Ollie!
That will travel to each of our houses when it's our turn to teach, along with a bin of all our supplies and their progress binders.

After that pic, it was parents' cue to exit so Miss Marianne could start class, with the letter A and her lesson about "All About Me!"  So Ashley and I left our boys there, and with our 3 girls, headed off to -- where else? -- the mall!

When we came back we found 4 TOTALLY happy kids who were so engaged and had a GREAT time together!  They didn't even get to the "free-play"/recess at the end of the schedule because they were so involved in Marianne's projects!  SO EXACTLY what we've all hoped for!


I've admired and envied you moms that are doing these kinds of things, and finally feel like I can try my hand at it :)  I'd love your tips and ideas along the way!

2 comments:

Holley Williamson said...

Yea! I'm so excited that you are going forward with the coop! It's too fun--for the kids and I really enjoy teaching once in awhile too. Looks like you guys are off to a great start!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Very cool! I always wanted to do that but could never get a group together. I'm sure it will be lots of fun! :)