Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Friday, September 16, 2011

Mr. Birthday visits Alana

Ah yes, then there's Alana's big day!
Happy Birthday, 2 Year Old!!!


What a nut she is!  She is the greatest 2 year old!  She is so alive and sparkly happy!  She has a new fascination with princesses, with no influence at all from us!  When picking out her clothes she loves picking out frilly tutus and dresses and goes around spinning and twirling, "Princess, Princess, I Princess!"  And we love that after her outfits are complete, she runs to Daddy with "Ta-da!"


For her birthday party we went to Petland, an amazing local pet store with tons of kittens and puppies that you can take into little rooms to play with.  It is a DEFINITE favorite thing to do for Alana and she is so tender and nurturing to the animals...


 ...well, most of the time!

This year's cake was more of about the flavor --YUM-- than the decorating, but we didn't care!  I made a layered blueberry cake with strawberry filling and vanilla icing, topped with strawberries and blueberries.  
Oh yum, I want some more!!

She LOVES Disney's Little Einsteins.  On her birthday we checked out a Little Einstein's dictionary, and that is her favorite bedtime story!  Every night we read a few pages and she repeats every word.  SO CUTE!  And she's hit that landmark that her vocab and speech are TAKING OFF!  It's so fun to hear these little words come out of our little person!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I love that little girl!

Steve

Emily said...

Happy birthday little lady! Kerri - I am so sorry I haven't been around more. It has been amazing to see how much your family has grown and how beautiful everyone is!

She looks a lot like Steve, but she has your sparkle in her eyes!