

And Then: Out to Lunch with NO KIDS! He even printed out my birthday coupon, allowing me my second joy in life--taking full advantage of free things. We spent a little too long enjoying our time away, that I accidentally missed my next appointment...I felt awful, but Steve had already made new arrangements and switched things around so my day continued flawlessly!
The UnOpened Envelope: Due to the delay, there was one envelope we had to forgo...later Steve revealed its contents...Money for Rebecca and I to go pick a favorite Treat at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! TO DIE FOR! Sorry to let you down, Rebecca! And, again, I'm baffled how well Steve knows me!
Adventure #4: After going home to nurse Alana, I went back out into the wintry Birthday weather, with only an address in my hand, and not a clue where I was going. It lead me to a familiar downtown area, where I had to park the car, and continue to find my location walking with the GPS in hand. I was so thrilled to see it lead me to a Luxurious Salon, and thrilled even MORE to find out that he had scheduled a cut/style/"whatever she wants" with one of my FRIENDS who worked there (and I didn't even know that was her salon!) I was SO SURPRISED!
Angelique gave me the best haircut I've had in at least 4 years...and she's quite the stylist, too:
We had SUCH a good time talking, laughing, and sipping lemonade. I recommend Angelique if you're looking for a great cut and a fun time!
Night's End: We ended the night with me nursing Alana, then an impromptu scavenger hunt for Steve when he discovered {panic} that he lost an extremely important work package on the train. Never FEAR! After a faithful prayer, and speeding to the train yard, Steve found the right train, and the right conductor to talk to, and found his package! Yea! With that sense of relief, we were able to finish our night off with a wonderful date, Photo-since my hair would never look as good again, even though this picture doesn't even show it at its best--and a movie.
Thank you ALL who were involved with the planning and secrecy, and even those of you who had to cancel Bday plans with last minute due to Steve's sweet planning! Thank you Moms, Stefani, Rebecca, Katie, Lindsay, Mary, Angelique, Val, Jeanine, Zoe, Angelique's manager, etc...Amazing job at making me feel like an important person! You all are amazing, and have shown your love so sweetly! Thank you!
All gifts aside, what Steve gave me most of all was a wonderful gift for me to spend time with friends. I have really missed this and have scrambled to fill my social needs and manage the time being a mom-of-three demands. So even if we had sat around at home, giving me just that time to visit with friends was the most amazing thing!
The real thanks, of course, goes to my husband. Thank you thank you thank you! To which he replied:
"Wives, be jealous. Husbands, I'm sorry!"




10 comments:
Awesome!!!! What a great day!
That is so wonderful! You have a great husband Kerri! Happy B-day, glad you had a perfect day! (I am impressed that he scheduled time to nurse the baby too - very well thought out!)
I love how you two spoil eacho other on your birthdays! What a sweet way to show your love for each other.
That is awesome! What a fun birthday:)
Happy birthday! You are a lucky woman to have such a thoughtful husband, and you deserve it all. Glad it was so wonderful.
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday. I am amazed by how detailed and special Steve made your birthday. He rocks--but you did deserve it, let's just be honest!
Steve...why? I thought we were friends. The last envelope should have read, "Let's keep this special birthday our little secret." I mean really, you could have at least requested that she not blog about it.
Kerri, Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was so special. Next time keep it to yourself :)
HA--LOL, MP
Awesome. Richard (Christian's little brother) was reading along as I scrolled through this post (we have our computer hooked up to our TV) and he asked "Are you hoping Christian does that for your next birthday?" I laughed but in all seriousness answered no. Christian and I just don't do that kind of stuff. Maybe a little gift. Maybe make each other breakfast. We go good together that way. And you and Steve are perfect together, too. Makes me smile to think we both got such perfect matches. So tell him he can spoil you all he wants. No jealousy here. Just warm fuzzy feelings inside. :)
What an amazing day! I'm glad to hear that your birthday was a blast. You two should write a book for those of us who can't think of fun ideas for each other birthdays. I would buy it. Happy Birthday Girl!
Post a Comment