Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Monday, January 25, 2010

Downtown Adventure

During Christmas time, Cheri and I initiated her Arizona husband and 3 kids to the lovely, windy, and snowy downtown Chicago. 6 kids with 3 adults still didn't feel like enough hands at times, but we sure made some GREAT memories! The kids were thrilled to:

  1. Ride the El Train and sit in the front car. I enjoyed how many times I was asked how many twins we had with us (two 3 yr olds, two 2 yr olds, two babies, all born within days of the other cousin). I felt like Lindsay, Katie, or Stefani--how many times do you GET that question?


  2. Survey Passengers on the train. The Preschool Teacher in me came out, and soon Carter was walking up and down the train, interviewing each passenger and recording his findings. Then, when his Bar Graph math lesson turned into Addison's art project, preschool on the train was over. It was a good moment though, and a highlight of the trip! I loved seeing Carter so outgoing and confident, and really appreciated the heartfelt smiles of the strangers on the train.



  3. Meet Steve for lunch. Steve conducted his own "Power Lunch Mtg" with his young attendees.

Needless to say, it was hard to get 6 kids 3 and under who didn't have naps to pose for a picture. Here's proof of what happened when they heard,"Say Cheese":


We got a good laugh thanks to a local Chicago Vandal. Someone had replaced one of these safety precaution posters with their own rendition:

All in all, it was a great and memorable adventure.

2 comments:

Emily - faliLV said...

Very cute! Love this one!

Kerri said...

Bet you miss the El, Emily :) Flashbacks of Belmont are coming on :)