We are two ordinary people raising four extraordinary kids in a beautiful house with a gorgeous fence on a beautiful lawn living a fairy-tale life...or something like that.
My other Blog
FiveRealMoms.com The experience, advice, and ups and downs in life as a mother, sister, wife, and friend.
Love to Hear From you
BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com
Send me a note, or add me to your private blog. I love to keep in touch. You're the Best!
At the Fireworks on the Fourth, Carter was really interested to see WHERE and HOW the fireworks were going off. We watched the guys light them and run away fast. I asked him: "So Carter, do you want to be a Firework Technician when you grow up?" "No!", he replied, "That might hurt." ...after watching one they had just lit explode in the sky, he excitedly replied, "I want to be a FIREWORK!" "But Carter, don't you think that might hurt?" "Oh yeah, it WOULD! I think I'll be a truck driver!" ------
What we believe
click to see more
Still in love
Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition. --Abraham Lincoln
“I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” -Sister Marjorie P. Hinckley
Family of Friends
Decide Today to Be the Greatest You!
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
There is inside of you all of the potential to be whatever you want to be -- all of the energy to do whatever you want to do. Imagine yourself as you would like to be, doing what you want to do, and each day, take one step towards your dream. And though at times it may seem too different to continue, hold on to your dream. One morning you will awaken to find that you are the person you dreamed of -- doing what you wanted to do -- simply because you had the courage to believe in your potential and to hold on to your dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment