So I determined that I would attempt to make one today....and then it all began.
- I have to go to the store for eggs. I pass the sugar and think, "No, I have enough."
- I was supposed to cook during naptime, but something else needed my attention, so I didn't get started until Carter woke up from his nap...not good timing.
- The pie called for 3 cups sugar...open the sugar--YIKES!--good thing it measured JUST ENOUGH, until I later found 3 more teaspoons needed at the end to add to the meringue...YIKES! (I ended up svangering enough out of the bag in the pantry.)
- I started mixing everything in a medium mixing bowl, then realized it would have to be bigger, so moved it to the kitchenaid, then realized I had to cook it on the stove, so 3 bowls later, I finally put it in a saucepan which I now had to wash by hand.
- I followed the recipe EXACTLY, it's from the Lion House Cookbook, it's President Ezra Taft Benson's wife, it HAS to be good....THEN WHY, after hours of cooking, is the pie resembling a lemon soup????? Completely liquidy, wiggly, jiggly? Could it be that it called for 4 CUPS OF WATER?????? yeah, way too much in my opinion, but no way would it be published there if it wasn't going to work. Grrr...
So my intent was to invite you over for some pie. So sorry. The pie didn't work out. That's why I didn't call.
then came dinner prep--we were going to have lasgna. I had the cheeses, sauces, everything all ready and just had to lay out the noodles. So I opened the box of noodles to find that somehow--IT WASN'T FULL and there were only 4 noodles in there!!! WHAT!!!
So now, after dirtying WAY too many dishes, letting the kids pull out WAY too many toys, and watch a few too many Baby Einsteins, I have very little to show for it but a messy house.
It's not my day to cook.
If anyone wanted to invite us over for dinner or dessert, today would have been a good day.
Rice Krispies it is.



6 comments:
I sincerely hope you went out for dinner. Or ate Rice Krispies. Both are wonderful. Sorry dinner was such a bust. :(
sorry! I feel like I haven't talked to you in years!
Yeah, Linds, this is why I didn't go walking last night...
...however, I don't think all that much has happened since we talked on Sunday, and when I distrubed the whole RS Meeting by pushing your baby's musical toy that had a 15 minute song that just wouldn't quit!!! Perhaps your life is more exciting and you now have Loads of stuff to tell me!
Sorry I inspired such a terrible day. I hope things get better for you. If you want my recipe for the pie, just let me know. It really is fantastic.
p.s. it only calls for 2 1/2 cups water.
that's seriously hilarious. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment