Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

100 Things that make Carter happy

I recently discovered this list that Carter wrote.  I thought it was too good to pass up the memory.

100 Things that Make Me Happy

By Carter

  1. Cake
  2. Key Lime Cove
  3. Odyssey Fun World
  4. P.J.s
  5. Nerf Gun
  6. Remote Control Alligator Car
  7. Presents
  8. Beach
  9. Stuffed Animals (and next he names his favorites:)
  10. Turkey
  11. Dolphin
  12. Snuggly (his baby blanket)
  13. Parrot
  14. Medium huge Mater
  15. Enormus Dino
  16. Little Dino
  17. Steve (yes, he's referring to his stuffed dog, not to daddy...that doesn't come until #98!)
  18. Freddy (Steve's little puppy)
  19. Birthday Parties
  20. Buffalo Wild Wings (ewww gross, but he really likes it...I think for Magic Steve, the balloon animals, and the free ice cream bar.  I must admit, Wednesday Night Kids Nights ARE a good deal.  But please, may I never go back)
  21. Jump Sky high
  22. Ms. Jensen!  (yes, including the exclamation point...his kindergarten and first grade teacher)
  23. Ipod
  24. Wii
  25. DS
  26. 3DS  (should I mention we don't own numbers 23-26 but it still made the list before me?)
  27. Parking Tunnels (garages...so clever!  Yes, we do love the engineering of parking garages.  They ARE fun!)
  28. Planes
  29. Ranger Rick
  30. Book-It (reading incentive program at school)
  31. Rameez 
  32. Balloons
  33. Lukas (Rameez and Lukas have been in his every year class since preK)
  34. Mario and Sonic (yes, the video game characters)
  35. Jolie (another dear friend who has been in the same class since PreK...and from church, too)
  36. Ashton
  37. Abby
  38. Andrea (Neighbors)
  39. Secret Key
  40. Race Cars
  41. David
  42. Playing with Friends
  43. somehow this number got skipped...
  44. ...so did this one....oh well
  45. Wiggly Tooth
  46. Swimming
  47. Running
  48. Slip 'n' Slide
  49. Pool
  50. Park
  51. Brookfield Zoo
  52. Lincoln Park Zoo
  53. My Monkey (cuz, see, there is this one ape that had fun copying Carter's every move one time we went, so he feels there is this bond, this connection.  So we always go visit "his monkey".  Somehow, I don't think the guy on the other side of the glass remembers.)
  54. Doughnuts
  55. Pop gun
  56. Sonic (there he is again...and that's how it happens at home, too: these characters tend to show up several times a day!)
  57. Antarctica
  58. Sports
  59. School
  60. SCHOOL (yes in caps)
  61. Eating
  62. Hot Dogs
  63. Sleeping
  64. Pancakes
  65. Ice Cream
  66. Blueberry Hill Restaurant (gross.  I thought we, as a family, decided it was gross when we went?)
  67. The Touch Lamp (at school, the reading corner has a lamp that you touch the shade and it becomes brighter or dimmer.)
  68. Computer Lab
  69. Gym
  70. Brownies
  71. Tag
  72. Reading Lamp
  73. Video games
  74. Hotels
  75. Candy
  76. Chocolate
  77. Candy Bars
  78. Drawings
  79. Elmer and the Dragon (book)
  80. Rostam (neighbor)
  81. Library
  82. Jokes
  83. Crazy glasses
  84. My family (Awww!  THERE we are!!  Holding tight in 84th place!)
  85. Museum of Science and Industry (oh, if the MoSI is at 85th, then I KNOW this list is in no particular order.  Otherwise it -- and us -- would have been WAY up at the top!)
  86. Books
  87. Magazines
  88. Me (I'm glad he has that in there!)
  89. Space
  90. Universe
  91. Thunderstorms (a kid after my own adrenaline heart)
  92. When it rains very hard, thunders very loud, and lightning is very bright!
  93. Ticket To Read (computer reading incentive program)
  94. Getting Panther Paws (reward/compliments at school)
  95. My Disney Uno Game
  96. Mom and Baby (THERE I AM!!!  AGAIN!  Number 96!)
  97. Addie
  98. Dad
  99. Alana
  100. (FINALLY!) Jupiter and Saturn and Running

1 comment:

Jennie said...

aww so sweet of him to think of Jolie. And tonight I took my kids to sweet tomatoes and Jolie was so happy to tell me Carter loves sweet tomatoes too and that he just told her today. This is also Jolie's favorite restaurant. :)