Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Grandpa's Funeral

 My Mom's Cousin painted this picture right before the funeral.  It's perfect!
 My Dad near the hearse.
Dad, and the brothers and brothers-in-laws, as pallbearers.
 My Cousin Brent, a Marine, who would present the flag to Grandma.

 I am so grateful for this military tradition.  The bugle playing Taps is always a somber moment.
 My sister, Heidi, and baby Soul placing flowers on the casket.
 My whole family (minus several inlaws and children)!  Soul &Heidi, me, Janae & Jayda, Tauna, Mom, Grandma, Dad, Talon - nephew, Brent, Cheri & Mazie, Shaun.  I LOVED being with all my siblings again!  So glad everyone could come!  (My sister's flight from Hawaii was CHEAPER than mine!!)
All is Well.  All is Well.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you got to go. I am sorry for your loss, and am inspired by your outlook and attitude about it.

Grampa M. said...

You can not hear TAPS without crying.At the end you can almost feel that all is well,thank you for your service,we love and miss you!