Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Monday, December 7, 2009

So, what have you been doing today?

Oh, you know, the usual...Admiring my son's lipstick art on a variety of canvases...mainly his pants, the carpet, oh, and this well-chosen pad of paper. It's amazing the creativity that comes out during nap time.
So, what have I been doing? Bonding with Oxyclean Carpet Cleaner. Was it successful? I think so, but the real test occurs after Steve reads this post and I dare him to go point out where it happened. Wish me luck!
I know this is "typical" kid behavior and "every mom goes through this", but I don't recall hearing these kinds of stories from my friends...just the older moms. Am I the only one cleanign these spots out of my carpet? There was the story of my friend's sister who was just about to sell her house when her toddler got permanent marker all over the front room carpet. Who wants to buy new carpet when they're moving? There was the paint I spilled on my friend's new carpet in kindergarten...see, I still remember that tragic moment...hopefully Carter won't remember this forever and ever.

5 comments:

Maryle said...

The reason I haven't posted about it is because it is too gross! But, just so you know you are not alone, Holly has several times in the past month discovered the "joy" (umm..I think not) of "fingerpainting" with what she finds in her diaper. The carpet, Evan's bedspread, and Nick's crib are a few of her canvases.

Maryle said...

Oh, and butter too. She loves to get up on the counter, get the butter, and spread it all over the cabinets.

Jennie said...

yep I have had the vaseline or a&D ointment spread over my couch, I had forgotten about it until now. Jolie did that when she was about a year old. Now you need to lock up your makeup. Ha ha.

Maryle said...

Hey! I just noticed that you won the picture puzzle giveaway! Congrats!!! Just in case you didn't know, you have until the 10th to claim your prize.

Emily - faliLV said...

So cute- is everything ok? Haven't heard from you all in a while... ;) Hope you had some wonderful holidays!