Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside...and in!

If our children look more like Sweatsuit models than Children's Place models, here's the reason why. Our furnace is broken. The temperature in our house can't get warmer than about 63, which sounds good on a nice Spring day, but not inside a house. Nope. There are no meadows of flowers to run through, no lemonade to buy on the corner, and clouds to daze at dreamily. Nope. Just snow to watch outside. And then you are reminded, once again, how cold you are. Yes. It's cold. That's why we didn't invite you over to play. You'd freeze. We don't want to get out of bed. Our baths are longer and hotter. And we are thankful for the dryer that can warm up our blankets before being tucked in at night.

Which is probably what prompted Carter's funny comment today when we got out of the car.

Carter: I'm so cold!
Kerri: I know, we are always so cold today!
Carter: Yeah, but now my eyes are freezing!

5 comments:

Maryle said...

I hope your furnace gets fixed soon! You better go wrap a blanket around Carters eyes. :)

Stefani said...

You're always welcome to come play over here!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh my gosh! Hope that your furnace gets fixed sooner than soon. We've missed seeing y'all this week and hope that you can stay in bed and stay warm!

Katie said...

I love that song, but I don't like that it applies to your house! I hope you know you're always welcome here, and we miss you!

Kelli said...

Hi Kerri...cute family & blog! I wanted to let you know you are the lucky winner of the wooden puzzle from The Kitchen Sink Boutique. Please e-mail me at kelli.hatch [at] gmail.com and I can give you her info if you do not already have it!

In the blogging world I never know who knows or is related to who anymore!

Congratulations again! Thanks for viewing my site!