Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's the grossest thing you've eaten?

For Carter: Dog Food 
For Addison: Deer Poop
For Steve: Grass Clippings, Pencil Shavings, Boogers, Vomit, Rotten Eggs, Moldy cheese, Black Pepper, Baby Wipes, Skunk, and Toothpaste Jelly Beans...thanks to our Labor day visit to the JELLY BELLY FACTORY!



Notice how adamant the worker is that he DOES NOT save the rest of the nasty flavors for the car ride home.  She then told us of all the horrible reactions other customers have had trying to BRAVE these flavors...she then had Steve wash out his mouth with "Baby Wipes" then brush his teeth with "toothpaste".  Nope, that didn't help much.

What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten?

15 comments:

Diane said...

I once bought a package of the Bertie bot every flavor beans version of jelly belly. I gave a salt and pepper one to my mom and the look on her face was priceless and I will never forget how much we laughed. Where is the factory? I think that would be fun to take the kids to.

Kerri said...

It's near Kenosha, WI. It was fun! They take you on a Candy Train through their distribution center, not a factory, but show you videos of how it's all made. The best Candy Factory I've been to was in Utah, where you DO see the candy being made in front of you. That's cool.

Marissa said...

Hi Kerri - With Cheri livin in Az we had the blessing of getting to know her and Braden better - I frequently check in on their blog to see how they are, and hence am able to check on other cousins as well. Being a BIT older than you I am grateful for the blogging world where I can get to know several cousins better and continue to be uplifted and impressed by that "Hicken spirit".
The jelly bean thing is just gross - I have never been able to get it actually in my mouth knowing the flavor was going to be something yuck! Proud of you guys for being daring! Your family is absolutely adorable. - Marissa "Hicken" Hunt

The Fredericks said...

By far the grossest thing I've ever tasted (admittedly I did NOT swallow) was my son's vomit. Yep, you heard it. He was about 2, he woke up vomiting. His bed was soaked, so we cleaned it off and brought him in bed with us while his bed dried. A bit later, he and I were facing each other while sleeping. I apparently sleep with my mouth open. Well, I woke up to a baby projectile vomiting right into my mouth! It was the sickest experience I've ever had (no pun intended). I really don't recommend it and if they have a vomit jelly bean, DON'T TRY IT!!
-Janae

Braden and Cheri said...

Okay, the vomit in the mouth story is just gross. But for those of you who haven't heard this one, I think it's AWFUL! On day, I came home from being in the Arizona heat in desperate need of a big cold drink of water. We walked in the door and I saw a water bottle sitting on the counter so I picked it up and took a big gulp. And then another. And then another. By the third or fourth gulp, the taste hit me. Then I realized...Braden had changed the Beta fish's water and for SOME SICK REASON, poured the nasty fish poop water into a water bottle and left it on the counter! Why would you do that! I couldn't drink water without feeling sick for weeks and still have a hard time drinking from a water bottle. Disgusting!

Kerri said...

Janae--they DO have a Vomit Jelly Bean, and Steve DID try it. I guess you too have more in common than you think!

Kerri said...

So far, Cheri's story takes the cake (which sounds real appetizing now! EEEEWWWWWWWW! Anyone else?

moorefamily said...

That is sooo funny! I had no idea they had those flavors that's awesome!!! I don't really know if I've eaten anything that would quality as being super gross. But have you ever seen that guy on the travel channel who eats all that crazy food from around the world, it's nuts what some people eat! His show is called Bizzare Food.

Walt said...

I can see Steve attempting to eat all of the different falvors.

Has he considered trying out for Suvivor?

JaNae said...

I can't really think of anything extremely gross! I think I must be a conservative eater. :) What a fund trip.

Also, thanks for the note on our car! It totally made our day! It's nice to know we're not forgotten. :)

JaNae said...

Whoops! Did I say fund? I meant fun! :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAH very funny LOL - check out my blog there are not one....but TWO posts for you my dear :)

Molly said...

Ok, not horribly gross, but last week I made banana bread and didn't realize that my baking soda was old and clumpy, so it didn't mix up well. While eating my super yummy bread, I got an entire mouthful of baking soda. I thought maybe I could just power through it, but ended up spitting it out (more like opening my mouth and just letting it all fall out) into the sink and then rinsing my mouth out like 4 times. Couldn't eat any more bread. But Cheri's story definitely wins over this. Definitely.

Kerri said...

Molly, I'm sorry to say that I can, in fact, relate to that horrible taste: You see, Steve and I were going to make these AWESOME CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES for his friend that was visiting. We had been talking them up for EVER! Well, we were making them together while talking to him, so we can't BLAME Steve that much for the mistake he made...Instead of 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda, he added 1/2 CUP of baking soda! Without knowing, I thought the dough looked funny, so I dared try it...GROSS! SO GROSS!!! The sad part about it was we didn't have enough cocoa for another batch! So much for these awesome cookies!

Another time I had the baking soda taste without wanting was somewhat embarrasing: In a BYU cooking class we were making Whipped cream to top some yummy delicasy...We went over to get the ingredients (cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, etc.) and somehow--I don't know how--I got baking soda instead...Granted, all the ingredients look the same, are in un-clearly-labeled clear containers that look the same..I was distracted, whatever...I could not figure out why the cream tasted and looked nasty...we ended up starting over; I later figured out my error, but never confessed it to anyone...EXCEPT YOU NOW!

Molly said...

Ew! Baking soda is evil. That's what I've decided. Evil.