Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Monday, September 15, 2008

Be Thou Humble...unless you're 2!

Well, this week we discovered we don't have to worry about Carter's self esteem! He has decided he will take any compliment for himself. Observe:

Exhibit A: Steve praising Carter for putting the shoes away (without being asked)

Steve: Wow! Carter, I am so proud of you and impressed that you put all those shoes away! That's a big help.

Carter: I know! That's cuz I'm the best!


Exhibit B: Kerri teaching Carter to give compliments.
Kerri: Wow, Mommy, that was yummy!
Carter: Wow, Mommy, that was yummy!
Kerri: Thanks for dinner, Mommy!
Carter: Thanks for dinner, Mommy!
Kerri: You're the greatest!
Carter: Just smiles sheepishly, glad to accept such an honorable compliment!



Exhibit C: Kerri--again--feeding lines...
Kerri: Hey, thanks, Mommy!
Carter: Hey, thanks, Mommy!
Kerri: Mommy, you're the greatest!
Carter: Mommy, I'm the greatest!
Well, it looks like he's got the hint that we ADORE him! What a kid!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so modest and so quick to find the mistakes in your sentences!!

JaNae said...

How fun! I love that you feed him the correct words. That's all how good parenting starts, right? Sometimes I wish I had all the self confidence of a child! :)

Katie said...

I have found most two year olds I know have GREAT self esteeme...when and why does that go away?

Tauna said...

so cute!
Tauna